Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Road Trip...

I'm writing this as we travel through Ogun State, we are headed to Ijebu Igbo specifically. The reason we are here is of great importance to me, I'm here to interview my grand mother. I'm making a video memoir the future generation can watch and hear her talk about her life and get words of wisdom from her.

For this trip I mounted a Go Pro HD on our car and took time lapse pictures, the pictures are been taken every two seconds (I'll show you what it looked like). I started from when we headed out in Ibadan, Oyo state all the way through Ijebu Igbo.

Today turned out to be too rainy to interview mama, my grandma as we call her, so I'll conduct the interview tomorrow in Ibadan before we head out to Lagos. But I got loads of b-roll, we went to a few historically relevant houses, went to two schools mama attended, but the biggest adventure was when I climbed a church tower to get an aerial view of Ijebu Igbo, I asked the attendant if I could climb it and he said yes as non chalantly as possible. I went up, climbing some really steep stairs and got the shots I wanted. Advice for shooters, do whatever it takes to get your shot!

Overall this shoot was really cool, got the b-roll I wanted, even though I had to stride through red mud and rain to get the shots I wanted. My favorite shot of the day had to be a shot of a mother hen and her chicks. Also seeing the first school my Grandma went was pretty cool. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment