Friday, August 26, 2011

Never ever, ever give up!

We shot the Nigerian scenes of my film "Dynamics" today. It was really interesting to say the least. My day started with a major part of my crew and an actress with a major role canceling. To replace her I had to get my friend Ranti Ihimoyan fill in with extremely short notice. After the first scene I had to go to the bank and there was horrendous traffic, my star,Yemi Okanlawon suggested I get on a means of transportation that's immune to traffic in Nigeria "Okada", motorcycles with drivers that have death wishes and I did! The next scene was pretty straight forward, except for the fact I had to get employees at my brother's law firm to become extras. The final scene had to be the most interesting, the scene involved a prostitute and my actress apparently had a flat tire and didn't have an extra. Given it was crucial to get the shot, we enlisted a lady working in the bar to be our prostitute and she was great!

Lesson learned: never ever, ever give up. Shooting in Nigeria comes with a lot of uncertainties, and that's the case in filmmaking and life, just keep moving and find solutions to any issue that may arise. Peace.

1 comment: